We are looking for a
Responsible for supporting the Project Management Office and Functions with the objective of ensuring all projects are delivered using a ‘best-practice’ Project Delivery Approach and are delivered within the agreed scope, time, cost and quality.
This role will be two-fold, firstly overseeing the execution of fast moving engineering projects, providing expert knowledge and support and monitoring progress and reporting on the status. Secondly supporting the development and deployment of best in class project Management tools that fit within the fast-moving environment of an F1 team.
The role is expected to provide strong support in a cross functional environment to promote best practices in managing interrelated projects and programmes to ensure successful delivery in a fast-moving non-repetitive value stream.
Would you like to
- ensure detailed project, implementation or actions plans are created for the duration of each project as appropriate?
- contribute to organisational project planning process?
- contribute to the management, operation and performance of the Project Management Office; to ensure it meets its targets and supports the delivery of organisational and strategic goals?
- proactively engage with Departmental Managers and Group Leaders to identify opportunities for business improvements in relationship to project delivery and Governance?
- execute the day-to-day activities in the Project Management Office (PMO) falling within your area of responsibility?
- supports the administration for project ideas and approvals through the agreed prioritisation and approval process, maintaining a pipeline of approved projects?
- ensures a clear and consistent approach is in place to manage risk with alignment to the project plan?
- implement Governance standards across the project lifecycle including tracking and monitoring to highlight risks at the earliest opportunity, both in project execution but also project deployment approach?
Do you have
- a degree in mechanical engineering or physics is desirable?
- multiple years’ experience in project management ideally motorsport environment, preferably F1?
- strong project or programme management and excellent organisational skills are fundamental, as is the ability to liaise and build trusted relationships with people at all levels of the organisation, ensuring project success and promoting the goals and benefits of the Project Management Office?
- ability to juggle different projects/priorities and deliver high quality outcomes under pressure?
- ability to contribute and mature the PMO function and ultimately credibility within the team?
- capability to track project benefits realisation and lessons learnt activities to feed into on-going improvements?
- advanced IT skills in relation to Word, PowerPoint and Excel and MS Project or other project tools?
- the language skills to converse fluently and write reports in English and the interpersonal skills to obtain and supply information as needed?
- ideally recognised formal project management qualification (PMP / APMP / Prince2 / P30 / MSP) or equivalent PMO qualification?
- a team player with excellent interpersonal skills?
- a clear thinker with an open mind to assimilate new knowledges?
- self-motivated to deliver excellence and perform beyond targets?
- able to work under pressure in a challenging environment?
- flexible with working hours and available to travel occasionally?
If the above applies, and working in a dynamic, cross-functional and multicultural team appeals to you, we look forward to your application via email@example.com!
Sauber Motorsport AG
Rolf Matsch, Human Resources
Sauber Motorsport AG
Phone: +41 44 937 90 00