Are you looking for an ambitious new challenge and would like to strengthen our expanding team?
(Senior) Structural Analyst and Aerodynamicist
Would you like to
- work in our Aerodynamic department with special focus on structural analysis and aero elasticity?
- apply interdisciplinary competences to the structural and aerodynamic development of car’s components?
- play a key role in the definition and execution of special projects?
- work closely to the aerodynamic concept and development, to the design office, the R&D, the composite and the manufacturing departments?
Do you have
- a MSc or PhD in Engineering or Mathematics (ideally FEA/CFD related)?
- a proven multi-year experience in race car design, structural analysis, Finite Element Analysis, metallic and composite analysis, aero-elastic or fluid-structure interaction analysis?
- experience with structural analysis hand calculation methods?
- experience with FEA solvers like MSC Nastran/Patran, Ansys, Abaqus?
- experience with FEA pre/post processing tools like Hypermesh, Ansa, Ansys?
- a basic or advanced experience in race car aerodynamic development, experimental or computational?
- understanding of drawing practices, material properties, and manufacturing processes?
- experience and a strong interest in mathematical modelling?
- basic programming skills in C/C++, Python, Unix scripting, Excel, VBA scripting?
- a sufficient knowledge of the CATIA V5/V6 GSD and part design workbench?
- the language skills to converse fluently and write reports in English (German an advantage) and the interpersonal skills to obtain and supply information as needed?
- self-motivated, result-oriented, and able to work independently?
- a team player, stress-tolerant, flexible, creative and open-minded?
- a good communicator, well-organised, disciplined, perseverant and careful to details?
- incline to creative thinking but also able to find realistic solutions?
If the above applies, and working in a dynamic, cross-functional and multicultural team appeals to you, we look forward to your application!
Sauber Motorsport AG
Rolf Matsch, Human Resources, CH-8340 Hinwil
Sauber Motorsport AG
Phone: +41 44 937 90 00