Are you looking for an ambitious new challenge as an experienced
Tyre Modelling Engineer
Would you like to
- develop advanced mathematical tyre models which integrate data from various sources (e.g. track, test rigs, infrared footage, or external models)?
- integrate the models into existing simulation and analysis tools such as lap time simulation, regression analyses or DIL simulator?
- maximise the numerical efficiency, robustness and consistency of the models while respecting constraints such as maximum response times or convexity requirements imposed by other applications?
- fit the models to the available data and occasional support to track side tyre engineers during race or test events, involving tyre-related objective analysis?
- review the source code and test it extensively, also using automated testing routines?
- generate documentations for developers and users?
Do you have
- a degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics?
- experience and a strong interest in mathematical modelling, ideally in the context of tyres?
- expertise in discretization (differentiation, integration, filtering) including accuracy and stability analysis approaches?
- experience in the creation of empirical response surfaces?
- experience in image processing?
- knowledge how to write fast code, preferably in C/C++?
- strong mathematical and analytical skills?
- strong English (verbal and in written) language skills?
- pragmatic and have a distinct scientific approach at the same time?
- highly self-motivated, dedicated, creative, result-oriented and able to work independently with a very high attention to the detail of your work?
- stress tolerant, persevering, open-minded, innovative and a team player with a strong focus?
If the above applies, and working in a dynamic, cross-functional environment appeals to you, we are looking forward to receiving your application via firstname.lastname@example.org!
Sauber Motorsport AG
Rolf Matsch, Human Resources, CH-8340 Hinwil
Sauber Motorsport AG
Phone: +41 44 937 90 00